Monday, November 3, 2008

Back to the Daily Grind

It's so weird to not have a marathon training run scheduled this week! Kind of nice, actually, that I do have a pretty relaxing recovery schedule over the next week or so. Nothing hurts, nothing is excruciatingly sore, but I can feel that the marathon was a whole different beast. The legs are just very, very tired, and heavy feeling. I paced my oldest at the GOTR 5K Saturday, and it was surprisingly hard work to get through on her race pace. Granted, it was not a recovery pace, and kind of more in the range of my general aerobic pace-but still MUCH more difficult than a 3.1 mile run at that pace normally would feel.

Off to adult jazz tonight. We'll see if that loosens me up a little bit. Then we'll try a 5 mile recovery run tomorrow.

No comments: