Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Just because...

.....the look on her face was THE best, this was our youngest daughter's birthday dinner a week ago. We've had giggles, red faces, shyness, smiles, even a few nervous tears from my middle daughter one year at our requisite birthday dinners when the sombrero, dessert and singing waiters appear. The "WHAT is wrong with you people-WHY are you putting that gigantic sombrero on my head-and WHY must I do this dog and pony show for you?" facial expression perfectly sums my baby girl's personality. Very independent, but just as willing to dive right in to any craziness we're doing as a family.

Don't mind the clicking and blurriness you're randomly subjected to during the clip. This was the first night with our new camera after the old one decided to die on us, so my better half was experimenting with the bells and buzzers that the old camera did not have.



In other running news...no news is good news. I had sort of an abysmal running week as the older kids started school, but finished with a decent weekend attack, and think that things will settle down just a bit this week. It's hurry-up-and-wait time right now with nothing on the racing schedule until Imogene Pass.

I'm also in a taper madness of sorts, counting down the days until September 9, when the BAA will officially begin accepting applications to the 114th Boston Marathon. I'm totally geeked out about finally getting to register, and look forward to the giant sucking sound of the entry fee leaving my bank account. There was a time not too long ago when being able to finish a long distance race seemed like a pipe dream, so I am going to enjoy every minute detail of the road to Boston!





1 comment:

Oz Runner said...

happy belated birthday to your daughter...that look on her face is great...